Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

KD has a job! and she likes it. She’s working at Pringle - Brandon, which is a firm in Islington that does some pretty nice and straight forward stuff. She started on monday and has evidently blended in quite well. So far she has a one month contract, but it will likely be renewed to enable her to work on some of the Olympics projects. 


Everything is going well for me. I had my had my first jury Tuesday, and they were pretty impressed. So far my research has focused on fog catchment in Oman, which has included some (ok, a lot of) arguing; intense site studies and some self motivated Maya scripting. Maya is a 3D animation program which learning to use is a reward in itself so at times it felt like I was continuously running into a brick wall. I feel slightly stupefied and intelligent at the same time by using it.


Everyone here is very professional, which leaves nothing but the creative process to worry about. I’ve yet to book my tickets for my trip to the Arabian Peninsula but will do so very soon. It seems that we’ll be landing in UAE and spending sometime in the desert while on our way to Oman. Qatar is up in the air at the moment. 


The AA itself has treated me well. All the profs are down to earth approachable people with a lot to say. The workshops are really intense. I feel like some of my tutors have become fused with my conscious thought as I see them all the time, on weekends and late in the evening. At times it is hard to get much done before rethinking the whole thing completely. My work ethic has thus changed a bit. I work harder, produce less and think a lot more about everything I’m doing, x10. Any arguing point is fair game here...And not having a statement prepared is “like walking into a propeller,” to quote the infamous architect Jerry Sparks...


The best thing to do is to take it all in, and keep going. It’s worked well so far. 


KD and I are hoping to make it home for christmas. Maybe the 15th-17th or so depending on when I return from the gulf...I’ll have two research papers to write, and will likely be pretty frazzled by this time.  Hope to see some more e-mails from you guys soon!


Cheers,

M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home