Well today was an interesting day for the both of us. I ventured out of the city to go look at a project site for work and was introduced to a whole crew of people from the client to the project managers to the employees. It was a nice opportunity to feel involved in the project and be able to visualize what I’m drawing. I did accidently get on a train going the wrong way, but didn’t have any major problems solving that problem. The picture above is the Manchester train station with a pretty open platform area flooded with light. It was nice seeing the countryside and hopefully this won’t be the end of my travels with my new job.
Matt has been working hard in Istanbul with his project...or a new learning project. I know he’s excited about the direction his project is going now but at the same time nervous that his second term will soon come to an end. He has 3 papers to write over break and lots of research to help develop them.
We do love getting mail & hope everyone keeps in contact frequently. We’re hopefully going to get some pictures developed in the states so those without internet access (or out of pure laziness) can see what we’ve been up to. We miss home very much & wish we could return for Easter, but instead we may try to take an extended weekend out of London. We’ll see how it goes and will definitely keep you all informed.
Lots of Hugs & Kisses!
KD

