Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

Matt had a Term 3 presentation on Friday and decided to take the ENTIRE weekend off to spend with his lovely wife. Unfortunately it turned into a weekend nightmare with one thing after another happening...to the point we couldn’t wait to get back on schedule....lol. Saturday was a nice morning doing nothing but sleeping in. I made breakfast...for lunch...and then we headed to do some shopping. First we ventured to Foyles (English Barnes & Noble) to get Matt a book for school and then hopped on the tube to Convent Garden so I could go to the bank and find some shoes. Me and my bad directions got us on the wrong tube line and so we got out at Holborn and decided to walk....only to end up back at Foyles. Annoyed, but figuring out where we were, we ended up in the right location. I went to the bank and attempted to get my internet password reset...thus allowing me to break the month cycle in which I haven’t had any access to viewing my expenditures. Then we headed to shoe shopping...for the both of us. I finally found a pair of summer wedges at Nine West (all the way from the states and I can’t find anything better!) and Matt found some nice wingtips from a Natural Shoe store down the road. I then went to Gap (once again, real original) and picked out an ensemble of black summer clothes that were on sale. I didn’t want to wait in line to try them on...and I’m not sure what my ‘english’ size is, and then stand in line again for the registers, so I just took a guess and paid for it all. Well, after getting home we decided to go to our local ‘pub’ for dinner and wore our new clothes/shoes for the occasion. I tried on all my clothes and found out that one top I purchased didn’t fit....GREAT! On top of that I quickly learned that I can’t wear wedges due to my pigeon-toed feet and it annoyed the heck out of Matt...think drunk woman walking down the sidewalk. Anyway, that was the end of day 1. 


Day 2 was spent asleep till noon again and then getting up for breakfast. We decided to go on a picnic and thought we needed a proper picnic blanket. We ventured to Oxford Street...which was a complete riot at that time...on the bus....which we waited for about 15 minutes. We get to John Lewis (similar to JC Penny’s) and find the picnic blankets....which were 3x as expensive as our blanket we had AND the same exact size. We did find a larger one for 18 quid...only to find out it was in the wrong place and instead 50 quid. So I opted for going to the linens department and picking out a  quilt...larger and only 25 quid. We pay and head for the tube stop M&S (similar to HEB Pantry) for picnic food and then hop on the tube to go to the park. The second we step out of the tube we are greeted by rain. RAIN!!!! We just did a 180 and came back home...having the picnic in our little room instead watching a movie. 


That evening I get online to check my accounts and realize that my password had not been reset, so guess what I’ll be doing this Saturday?!?! GAP and HSBC...here I come!! I’m not one to complain, but oh there’s going to be some drama bursting out if I don’t get my accounts sorted!!!


In the end I did enjoy Matt’s company and it was quite lovely we did get to spend the whole weekend together. Now that holds me over for the next 8 weeks....until his final presentation...or at least I hope so!!


-KD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home