Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

Well, the plaque outside the door says it all. I’m going to hell and back, LOL. It’s only orientation week so everything is okay for now. The AA is full of really nice people from all over the globe, I have a feeling though, that the common bond between us all is that we are all space cadets. HA! So far i’ve met some great folks from Jordan, Israel, Turkey, Greece, China, Italy, Span, Mexico, Japan, Germany, India, Philippines and Peru. 


I’ve yet to met anyone from my unit, I’ve heard it’s a class of about 8 this year, with 4 tutors....yeah, that’s an interesting ratio...eh? At any rate I suppose finding 7 people out of 150 incoming grad students is a bit of a challenge. 


So far this week I’ve seen a lot of final presentations from the graduating Masters units. I have a pretty good idea of what things will be like this time next year, although today I’m going to see the Landscape Urbanism presentations so things will hit closer to home. 


During the week we’ve also taken tours to local firms, HOK, Zaha Hadid, Plasma Studio, Richard Rogers, Arup, KPF, and Dave Chipperfield’s office. Friday is a boat trip, picnic in Bedford Square, and the AA Fresher’s Party. 


Next week I will have my course orientation and begin classes. I’m really excited to start. I’m especially excited to see who will be this years lecturers and where my research trip will take me. This years class went to Sri Lanka. 


Cheers, pip pip, and all that bloody wanking.


-M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home