Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

Today I went to Bedford Square to get an introduction to the computer lab. Inside is a couple of rows of the best computers money can buy at $4,000 per CPU along with Mac G5’s etc all networked into a render farm. High tech stuff...


I also picked up a 2006/07 prospectus. When flipping to page 136 you’ll find the Landscape Urbanism course brief which states, 


“The tight relationship between the environment - its natural resources - and the modern history of the Middle East is unavoidable; this simple albeit powerful equation has fueled a series of major developments over the past 50 years, with implications ranging from the global to the local scale. In this case it seems appropriate to extend the characterization of an ‘extreme environment’ - often assigned to the desert - to include local economic, social and political conditions...This year’s work will engage with the generation of a symbiotic relationship between the desert and human inhabitation, between macro-climates and micro-climates.” 


Evidently I will be headed to these areas in the spring to do a little research. Sounds like a great opportunity to see even more landscapes that I’ve never experienced before. Click the flag to see some pics I gathered from the WWW. 


-M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home