Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

Well we have decided to follow the American tradition and take a couple of days off to make it feel at least we're having a Thanksgiving. The last 2 Thanksgivings we have enjoyed a nice burger and fries at our local American Diner in London. We've decided to shake things up some though and instead travel to Bath for the holidays and enjoy a wonderful 4 day weekend as tourists. We'll try to find a burger joint to continue the tradition, but may have to settle for pub food instead.


The most exciting things that happened this past couple of weeks include a concert to see Rancid (Matt's choice!) at the historic Astoria Theatre. It is basically an old theater that is located in the heart of the shopping district of London. Apparently they are shutting it down so it was good to have a look inside at least once. It was definitely an experience and wasn't the best kept place and definitely needed some much needed TLC. It'll be interesting to see what happens to it in the future!

We also headed to Southbank to have a look at the advertised 'German' Christmas Market. I was quite disappointed that a) there weren't more wood shelters and b) that all the items weren't necessarily German, but just a variety of random things that can be gifted or eaten. Unfortunately I think the combination of the cold weather and germs that Matt had packed in resulted in me getting an unforgiving cold/cough/congestion.

Yep, we've both been sick for the last week almost!! We finally decide we need to get away and take a holiday and we're going with a medicine cabinet in tow. Matt got sick last Thursday and I was unsympathetic to some extent and joked that I NEVER get sick. At a meeting today for work I was laughed at for attracting the 'man flu'...which is quite hilarious that they know all too well how dramatic they get when they're sick! Anyway, now with a sore nose, a cough to encourage bus riders to relocate, and enough tissues popping out of every pocket I am determined to make our Thanksgiving weekend away worth every moment!


The gloomy weather of rain and cold have really affected both of us and is probably the reason for my slack in posting things. The photo shows our first snow of the season as seen of Earlsfield Train Station. I was up early on Sunday and noticed a brief 
downfall...most people missed it though as it was long gone by 11am. This isn't the first snow for the area, but it was the first that I've seen directly. We can't wait to get back to the 'warmth' of Texas winter and will definitely be looking for some more winter sweaters to pack for our return. I have a feeling this winter is going to be alot longer and harsher than previous winters...let's hope I'm wrong!

Well, that's about it for now. We wish ALL of our family and friends a wonderful holiday! We will definitely be thinking of all of you during the holidays (and not just because you're having turkey with all the wonderful sides!). We love and miss your company and hope to hear from you more often. December will be here before we know it though and we'll be able to see all of your lovely faces. Lots of hugs & kisses!

-KD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home