I constantly feel that I'm banging my head against the wall with AOL. I've had the convenience of their services for both broadband and international calling since last December...so I thought. Apparently ever since our move I have had to constantly call them time and time again to have our service reinstated. I have called, spoken to 15 different people of a course of approximately 10 calls and have learned today that in actuality my service was not actually active once again. I have NEVER written an official complaint letter to any business or person for any wrong-doing, but after the hassle and time I've spent dealing with them I finally sat down and wrote to the proper authorities.
After realizing all of this though I was out taking pictures of a future potential project and came across this Kodak moment...a working signal light directing no one. That's how I felt today...a path that leads to nowhere and yet a red light that continues to block your way. Why can't British customer service representatives have in their rule books that the 'customer is always right'!?!? I was told that a) I did not request the International Talk Plan b) there was no log of my calls on file and c) adding the plan includes checking a box in my file and no more...'so it's not that complicated'.
To prove my case I've sent a nice cover letter and a printout of all my calls showing a number of them made to AOL and the duration of 20+ minutes average. It all should be common sense considering my previous 9 months with AOL have included the package and no other calls are made from my phone line except calls to family and friends!!
Now tomorrow is FRIDAY and I look forward to enjoying the weekend...despite its cold and dreariness!
- KD
PS. I ventured for a quick 15 minute tour of Westfield Shopping Centre and have come to the realization that the pizzazz and glory is comprised of 1/2 designer shops (Gucci, Tiffany & Co., etc) and 1/2 'normal' shops (House of Frasier, M&S, Boots, etc.). Will venture back soon for a longer look around as I was mainly trying to get out of the rain and cold...will divulge when that happens!
Labels: Life
0 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
