Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

So I've been working on a project quite extensively for the last couple of weeks. It has been a VERY stressful week to say the least and going to Manchester this last weekend didn't really help matters because it threw me off schedule. Anyway, I found it quite difficult when I received a call from one of my suppliers telling me that a product I specified was not as durable as I expected and on special order because of the composite of the material. I immediately called the manufacturer to question this comment because I was told by our rep that the product was 'extremely' durable and long lasting. The manufacturer assured me that I was correct and that they could send me a 'scratch test' to prove that the durability of one product over another was truly the case.

Well, today I got the envelope with the 'scratch test' encased with all appropriate literature. I broke out into laughter when I realized that their 'scratch test' involved one piece of laminate with their standard gloss finish, another with their newer high gloss finish, and a stainless steel brillo pad. A BRILLO PAD! I was expecting a couple of samples labeled showing '1,000 rubs have been applied to both materials with 50 grit sand paper' or SOMETHING. But seriously, if I wanted to test it myself (which I did) I could have done the exact same with the material we had in our library!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home