London, as you have probably heard already, had a record amount of snow since the last 18 years. I got up early as usual for work on Monday and had a look outside to see our ledge outside or window with several inches of snow and the streets covered with sludge. After awhile I realized that the buses weren't running and the line that usually exits outside Earlsfield Station was nonexistent. Watching the news made things very apparent that the city was shut down and few trains were going in or out. Considering I live about a 30-45 minute walk from where we live it is quite ridiculous that I couldn't get there...of course i trudged in the snow. So, I had a work day in and Matt enjoyed his day off of work.
Today was alot better being able to get out and about on our typical bus routes, but sidewalks were still covered with ice and sludge and getting down the road wasn't easy. I can boast that I made it without any incident, but there were a couple of close calls. Things aren't looking too much better in the near future though with light snowy rain forecasted to fall tonight. I have a bright & early meeting in the morning...as long as the weather continues to hold. At the moment it is a question of whether my boss drives (an option if she can get it out of the snow AND down the hill, without sliding) or we take the train.
I heard Texas hasn't had very much rain in several months and wish I could send you some moisture from way across the pond...we definitely have had our share! Matt & I are definitely looking forward to summer...and would appreciate anything closer to spring weather. Not much planned for the time being though, but the first weekend of sunshine and dry soil we're going to have to have a picnic!
Lots of Love,
KD

Greetings from over here - wish I was there!