So last year I started the new years resolution to find something that can be done within the confines of our tiny flat and give me the chance to meet some new people. I found 'Stitch & Bitch' which is a London network of knitters and crochet novices and experts. I logged onto youtube to learn the basics and found a shop nearby to collect some goods...then trampled down the rail to my first meet. With 100+ people with the same new years idea I was overwhelmed and found a good group of people to chat with and admire all their wonderful crafts....THEN came the rest of the year and a combination of laziness and a load of work took that idea out the window. BUT I did continue to knit and accomplished 3 different scarves.
Jump forward to 2010 and once again I come full circle. I was inspired to do more after christmas break and thought about expanding my knitting skills. Oddly enough a friend invited me to a fundraiser for Haiti advertised through S&B and I thought it would be a great day of hanging with a friend, her friend, and a friend of hers. Although I showed up empty handed I had a great time thumbing through a book of different patterns, getting tea and cakes for the others, gossiping about our lives and everything going on, being awed by everyone else's expertise and intricate projects, and having a good time doing an assortment of games and banter to raise some money for haiti.
I have found a new project but the instructions aren't as clear as I hoped for, so I started a new scarf...this time with cables! The perfectionist I am I screwed it up after 3 days and then threw a tantrum and pulled apart down to the beginning. I really shouldn't sit next to Matt and watch tv on the couch when I work on these complicated tasks! Anyway, I think I got the pattern down and will do better the 2nd time around...and I"ll be sure to share!

And if you love it, read her other book called Comfort Food. I just finished it.