Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

So, today my co-worker came back from Miami on a baby prep shopping spree and said 'I LOVE your country!' right off the bat. Coincidently I also read an article today about the things that we would like to be imported or more available in this country and it made me think of ALL the things I miss from the US of A. Some of these things you can find, but it tends to be by chance only and not when you actually want it. Anyway, here's my list!








1. Girl Scout Cookies - top of my list right now and I've got my 'exporter' working on it!
2. Descent peanut butter - most stores have 1 option...if that.
3. Jello-O - All branded products are a no-show so far. I miss the pudding especially!
4. Macaroni & Cheese - Probably more expensive to ship than its worth, but we've been blessed with a couple of deliveries.
5. Marshmellows - Not on the top of the list, but every once in awhile I get a Rice Crispy Treat craving.
6. Mexican Food - Restaurants are around, but cooking it is not worth the hassle to gather all the ingredients.
7. Mixed Drinks - Everyone drinks beer & wine. You can find mixed drinks but they're expensive and most the time fru fru.
8. Iced Tea - Thanks to bi-annual shippings of Lipton Family Sized tea bags we're set!
9. Microwave Pop Corn - They have it but it lacks the heavy duty butter...or even the variety of different flavors.
10. Kool-Aid - Nowhere to be found. Nice to break up the water/coke/tea combination.
11. Shrimp - They have 'prawns' but not the hunka huge shrimp you can make a decent meal out of.
12. Catfish - I'd give up the fried Cod or Haddock for some good catfish!
13. Bluebell Ice Cream - We've got ice cream and Ben & Jerrys...nothing mid-ranged like Bluebell.
14. Salsa - I know, I can make it..but when tomatoes are out of season its expensive and not that great!
15. Sour Patches & Hot Tamales - I miss being able to go and buy boxes of sweets before a movie.

I'll call it quits there! It's amazing all the random little things that you take advantage of when your now living outside of a country you were born and raised. I wish shipping was easier, quicker, and cheaper to get a good dose more frequently, but I think I can survive without. Of course I do love my vinegar & salt crips, bangers & mash, cadbury chocolate, and tikka masala. I laugh because with my co-worker expecting it makes me wonder what I'd be like to have cravings...mine would probably come out of the list above and Matt would be SOL!!! I guess I'll have to get my fix when I go home...

2 Comments:

  1. Jessica H said...
    When I lived in Germany my most missed items were BIG ICED drinks. Tea, cokes, anything. BIG old glasses with LOTS of ice! :)
    Gigi said...
    I loved this post! Partly due to the fact that I was really craving blueberry macrobiotic pancakes today but no luck finding such a place in here!! (commonly found in LA :D) I would definitely send you all the koolaid in the world if I could :D

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home