Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

So alot has been going on since the last post. Almost too much to go through it all, so here's the update:

My brother got married: Luckily enough I was able to sacrifice some time to get back home for a quick trip to Texas to see it all in person. Unfortunately I brought the rain with me in a form of a hurricane during the whole trip back. It was a very impressive small wedding with the flare that only a designer and his very artistic wife can pull off. It was great having the whole family around too. Matt couldn't make the trip due to a barrage of unforeseen circumstances.

Summer came to visit us in London! So with sun comes random installations around the city including pianos and elephants popping up everywhere. On a visit to the Museum of London for Matt's 31st Birthday I had a sit down to play...horribly I might add! Thank goodness that the classical 12 year old pianist decided to sit down as we were leaving and not while I was there. As my mother knows all too well, I'm not the most comfortable with an audience so I can safely say nobody was harmed during my performance...except maybe Matt.

I've been knitting like crazy! So I have always been trying to get my creative juices going but found moving to London kinda limits my choices due to a) lack of storage b) lack of craft megastores like hobby lobby c) costs and d) overall space. I had started knitting to try to meet new people and have instead actually just bonded more closely with friends and friends-of-friends in a little monthly get together. Oddly enough we're all married, foreign, and childless...but we get along so well and make our husbands nervous when we disappear for a full afternoon. Anyway, I've tried to make something other than scarves and have accomplished to make a hat for Matt for his birthday. I think it turned out pretty well and he looks really cool in it...too bad its the dead of summer though!

Another reasoning behind my absence is my lack of connection to this website design. Matt has created a couple of websites for his professional use and I'm thinking I may do the same for this blog...I just haven't got the energy to sit in front of a computer day in and day out to build it all up after sitting in the same position 8+ hrs a day at work. So for the time being it'll stay how it is and maybe when the cold and rain returns I'll be in a better mood to stay home on the weekends to figure it all out. Until next time...KD

1 Comment:

  1. Tamara said...
    thanks for your lovely comment. it really is a pretty good drink with the milk mixed in. :)

    nyc was doing a piano installation around the city as well!

    looks like a wonderful time to be in london!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home