So we've been up to alot this year and I know I haven't posted in quite some time. Our latest adventure took us to Dartmoor, Devon to a wedding. Tim & Amy lived with us for quite a short time several years ago before they travelled the world. They were the ideal roommates and one of our few British friends. We were honored to be invited to celebrate with them, thier family and friends in such a lovely part of England. We did several english 'firsts' on this trip and hope to go back to experience the rest of Devon soon.
Our first rental car...huge compared to UK standards! Matt found it a bit scary when I hit a curve and brushed up against the hedges a couple of times. I felt sorry for the people behind that watched me brake every time a car approached or we drove up behind some cyclists.
Our first english wedding...not too flashy, very 'country', and gorgeous setting! Family made the bunting in the tents, there was fresh condiments, tasty chocolate fudge, and a quirky church for the service.
Our first trip to Devon...small lanes, random animals in the roads, friendly B&B!
There is alot going on this summer and word has it that the weather isn't expected to get very warm for very long. So while Texas is in a drought, most of England is under a constant drizzle. 'Global Weirding' as they call it....
