Well, it was Bank Holiday #2 for May and we can easily say that these should pop up every month for the rest of year if we had any say in it! Considering we went to Oxford for the day only a couple of weeks ago, we figured we should lay low and relax this time around and get something done. Saturday was a 'catchup from the week' day and we didn't do much. It was nice and sunny outside so we opened up the windows to get some air circulating, debated about our ability to keep plants alive, and watched a couple of movies throughout the day.
Sunday was productive in getting the laundry done, the flat cleaned, and fiddling around on the computers doing our own email catchups, facebook updates, and random internet searches. We then hopped on a bus to John Lewis (similar to JC Penny's I guess..but a little more upscale) to get some crafty items. I've kidnapped my friend's sewing machine for some time now and didn't really have any of the basics to do anything. So we picked up some supplies and went to eat BBQ at Bodean's so we could say WE at least had some good American style cooking for the memorial day weekend! After we stuffed our faces with pulled pork and creamed corn (they ran out of ice tea...who does that?!?!) we headed back home.
Today actually started out dreary and we decided to postpone our plans for a picnic in the park. Instead we met up with friends for lunch in nearby Clapham Junction at a new place called 'a fish and a tie'. They are known for their fish, but had more of an italian flair to the menu. Oddly enough I had pasta and matt had a spinach & cheese parcel while our pals at the fish. It was great food, good company, and low budget which we all enjoy! Then we headed down the high street to have a peak at some sales of shoes and clothes and to look for a birthday gift for my co-worker. Not long though, shops started closing and we had to get back...stuffed still with lunch!
I did get creative and found a little crafty project which I'll show later when I'm finished. But, in getting ready for work tomorrow I did have the novel idea of using some fabric to wrap my friends little gift. I think it turned out pretty cool considering my wonderful novice skills, but there is no time in the near future that my things will end up on etsy! Have a look and maybe by Christmas I'll be good enough to get everyone something a little homemade...or not!!
Pouch wrapped with a ribbon!
Travel pouch & book!
Well, lots of love and happy Memorial Day Weekend! Our hearts and thoughts are with all of you who have given your lives to serve our country...
1 Comment:
-
- Steph said...
May 26, 2009 4:35 pmWow! News of the party spread world wide, eh? I didn't know you had a blog. Sounds like ya'll had a great weekend. The party was fun, we surprised her big time. Well see ya around in blog land. Cute travel pouch!!!
