Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.


This is us the day Matt proposed...at Lost Maples!

Thanks, Charla for the blog questions, enjoyed reading your responses and thought I'd fill in mine!

♥ What are your middle names? Dawn & Ryan

♥How long have you been together? Married for 5 years (in January '10) and dated since May/June-ish 2002. I can't remember the exact date...terrible I know!

♥ How long did you know each other before you started dating? I was his bagger...at HEB DeZavala. We chatted for about 4-5 months pretty regularly since we had the same schedule most of the time.

♥ Who asked who out? He asked me to a college buddy's graduation party.

♥ How old are each of you? I'm 29 (hanging on) and he's 30.

♥ Did you go to the same school? Yep, UTSA

♥ Are you from the same home town? Nope...thankfully!

♥ Who is the smartest? He is...at least when it comes to most things liberal artsy and architecture related. I could probably beat him at the math and sciences.

♥ Who majored in what? We both were suckered into Architecture. I started Pre-Med/Biology, transferred to UTSA with Interior Design...then switched to Architecture. He went from Drafting to Architecture then Landscape Urbanism for his Master's.

♥ Who is the most sensitive? I don't think either of us are really what you would consider 'sensitive'. Saying that we aren't 'heartless' or 'cold' but we don't seem to show our emotions to often. I may shed a tear when watching a movie or discussing something regarding the family or whatnot, but we're far from being dramatic.

♥ Where do you eat out most as a couple? Probably at Sancho Panza a really good tapas place. We have our 6 month stints though and will change to something else down the road.

♥ Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple? Probably Italy for Matt's 30th Birthday...but we've travelled quite a bit and can't really say which one trip was the farthest.

♥ Who has the worst temper? Me, hands down!

♥ How many children do you want? I enjoyed having brothers and sisters growing up so I'd prefer 2. Matt says he'll compromise and we can have 1....but we're no where near crossing that bridge.

♥ Who does the cooking? I typically cook and Matt does the dishes. Some nights he does cook or help me out with a thing or two but I tend to get home earlier so I get it rolling.

♥ Who is more social? I'm the social initiator really, Matt will be the one to join in just because and then enjoy himself when all is said and done. Being in London though our social calendar has dwindled to zilch as we loved having people over and cook dinner or bbq or whatever...and now with 400 sq.ft. of space that's pretty much not possible. So our social events tend to be drinking ones...which pretty much dwindle the bank account and I leave feeling I didn't even have a real conversation with anyone.

♥ Who is the neat-freak? He was...and then I'm not sure what happened. I'm the organizer and make piles and eventually get to them...and each room one at a time. He lets things pile up and does the whole place in one final swoop!

♥ Who is the most stubborn? Probably me...

♥ Who wakes up earlier? I did until Matt found a new job...but I do tend to get up earlier on weekends.

♥ Where was your first date? We went to a house party close to downtown SA to celebrate all the Architecture graduates.

♥ Who has the bigger family? I do technically. Matt has 1 sister while I have 1 sister and 2 brothers. He hasn't even met the entire extended family on my dad's side...and the far away members on my mom's side.

♥ Do you get flowers often? Actually I do. Matt stopped buying me flowers when I didn't recognize a bouquet of roses when we were going out. Then this year on our anniversary he said he'd buy me flowers every month. He's been really good at keeping track with a couple of sparse moments, but it definitely puts a smile on my face.

♥ How do you spend the holidays? Thanksgiving was always with his, Christmas was with mine (my mother validated that with him before we got married). Since we've been in London T-Day is always a long weekend trip away somewhere in the UK and Christmas 2/3 weeks is with our families...with Xmas day at my parents. This year we may switch it around a bit...

♥ Who is more jealous? I guess Matt is more jealous that I love my job, get to work on my own projects, and get along with my boss like she's one of the gals. I'm more jealous that he's so driven and knows what he wants and goes for it...and deals with all the horrible people that he has to go through to get there.

♥ How long did it take to get serious? Surprising not long at all. We both had had some relationships before, our lives kind of were on the same paths, and we're both so easy going. We had similar interests and enjoyed doing the most random things together.

♥ Who eats more? Unfortunately, I do. Matt gets so busy sometimes he doesn't even eat lunch...I make it a priority to eat.

♥ What do you do for a living? We're both in Architecture. Matt is working with schools while I work on office interiors. I LOVE my job and have gotten so much experience while being here while Matt has been raked through the coals and is forced to deal with idiots.

♥ Who does the laundry? Matt puts the laundry in, tosses it on the bed, and I fold it and put it away. He hates the way I iron, so he does his own clothes...I only iron if I HAVE to.

♥ Who’s better with the computer? Matt is when it comes to 3d programs, photoshop, websites. I'm more of an Excel/Word/Internet kinda gal.

♥ Who drives when you are together? We don't drive...at least not in London! When we are home I drive so Matt can play DJ and read. Plus, I ALWAYS know where I'm going or how to take the 'short cut'...

♥ What is "your" song? We don't have a 'song' really. We made a whole cd of music for our wedding though and its filled with songs that we listened to together while we were dating. I remember driving to Houston to go to IKEA and we spent the whole time going through cds. I didn't really grow up listening to a lot of music (think tejano & country only in a small town!) so Matt has always been the teacher when it comes to that...

1 Comment:

  1. Momma Hopper said...
    Awwww....enjoyed reading this. How appropo! Right before your 5th anniversay. Can't wait to see you all!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home